Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bindel Mengwasser Family Reunion

This is who the Reunion was for. It was all about my beautiful grandmother Irene Elizabeth Mengwasser Bindel. This was the first one we have had in 20 years!!!! Both of grandma's brothers have passed away, but their surviving relatives, and her sisters (with the exception of Aunt Lucy) along with their children and grandchildren came to my Uncle Michael and Aunt Cyndi's house in Rhome, Texas a couple of weeks ago. Michael and Cyndi graciously opened their home to approximately 100 relatives (even to the ones from Oklahoma) and with the help from Uncle David & Aunt Linda, Aunt Margaret, and other helping hands they pulled off one heck of a party. A weekend that I will treasure and cherish for an extremely long time.
Here is a picture of me with the Lady of the Hour (or weekend) Queen Irene. She is such a beautiful Child of God, and she is extremely strong in her Catholic faith. She has never met a stranger, and she makes sure to let everyone know how much she loves them, and how much Jesus loves them. She not only inspires me to be a better person daily, but a better mother, a better friend, a better sister, a better daughter, a better aunt and most importantly a better follower of Christ. It is my greatest hope that I have as much spiritual wisdom and strength in my faith as she has some day. That will be a huge feat, but even if I end up only having half of her spiritual wisdom, strength and knowledge of our faith then I will consider myself a very lucky lady. Queen Irene is a Saint in my book.
Caroline and Kate were unseperable (except for when Caroline had to go to the hotel to get cleaned up before dinner). Here they are about to take over the microphone at the Talent Show...

And here in the baby pool.....and at sack races....and chasing each other....Kate LOVES her Caroline
Kate with her third (or 4th??) cousin Isabella Mariconda

Mary Clare all smiles in the baby pool

Mary Clare has two second cousins that were born on the same day she was. They are all hours apart, and they along with their mamas hold a very special place in my heart. Here she is with one of her cousins that shares her birthday Danielle. Danielle Marie and Mary Clare are about the same heighth, but Mary Clare has got her on weight. I think I could hold Danielle up with my pinky. Or maybe I have a really strong arm from carrying around a 28 pound 15 month old!


Before I forget - Happy Birthday to my Favorite Aunt Patty! You have and always will have a special place in my heart, and I love you more than I let you know sometimes. I truly admire you because you give your all to Christ & you have put your faith in Jesus’ sacrificial death on the cross. Happy Birthday my dear Aunt Patty. You are an inspiration to so many....especially me.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I could just eat up Mary Clare! Oh, and Grandma Irene makes fantastic brownies! Hats off to G.I.

Unknown said...

Give Aunt Irene my love. I think of her often - she is the last link to my grandparents generation on that side of the family. She has always been so special to all of us. I have 2 of her pillows - Jesus loves Jennifer - and Jesus loves Bailey. Great picture of the two of you - put that in a frame! Give everyone my love!

Jennifer

Amanda said...

So there's the other birthday twin (or triplet)! I think Sadie's a little closer in weight to Mary Clare though....no small babies for the Foleys! The girls are absolutely adorable. I really enjoy reading everything about them (especially Kate's funny stories! It makes me eagerly await the next years as Sadie's personality blossoms!). Hope you guys are doing well...can't wait to see everyone Labor Day weekend. The girls should be good friends then!

Casey and Kimberly said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm jealous I wish we had a biggger fmaily and could all get together like that. What special family pictures!