Monday, October 18, 2010

Eye on the prize


I have a huge problem with staying focused, especially focused on one specific goal.  I let too many things get in my way.  Call it ADD - call it life - call it what you would like.  But the bottom line is at least I am admitting that I have a "problem".  

 Since moving to a new town a couple of months ago where I really don't know anyone, I have made an effort to go to the gym more.  I've met some other mommies to meet up with there at the different classes, and you can ssssllloooowwwllllyyyy but surely see the poundage coming off.  That's great, right?!?!?!
My problem is, despite the lack of focus, is that I can't seem to have any self control when it comes to the consumption of food part.  Since moving here I have lost 7 pounds, which needs to be celebrated, I know.  However, I can't help to think how much more I coulda/shoulda/woulda lost if I had been more diligent with my workouts, eating habits, and especially keeping track of everything that goes into my mouth. I'm bored with the things that I cook ALL. THE. TIME.  I took up watching the Food Network to help revive my cooking creativity but that doesn't help either, because I get online and print off the sugary, buttery, and salty recipes.  I guess I need to watch Rachael Ray and cook her healthy stuff.  She does have healthy food, right?
It's time for me to do this.....Again!  As of today, I am grabbing on to the reins of the food log again.  And I'm keeping my eye on the prize which is that I hope to lose another 15 pounds before my sister in law's wedding in January.  Did I mention the wedding in is the Big E-to-the-Z?  I need to lose this weight because I will more than likely gain half of it back during my trip there!  I know I can do it!  I'll keep ya posted.

blessings, 
SF

4 comments:

Casey and Kimberly said...

Understand totally!!! So frustrated with myself. I am making healthy and fit a priority . ........ Starting march! Lol

Theresa said...

You can do it, but it will suck the entire freakin time. Sorry.

Maegan said...

I am booking our flights to the big easy this week! We are making a girls trip out of it - can't wait to see everyone!

Jo said...

I struggle with the same thing. But, I will say...You can do it, mama! And, so can I. :)

When you're working out visualize yourself in your skinny clothes and when you're eating think that you're feeding your body fuel and not calories.

My favorite food for thought: Thoughts become things and what we resist persists.

Love you.