Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

I had to leave town Saturday morning to head to Horseshoe Bay, Texas for one of my best friend's from high school wedding. I had considered not going - mainly because it was going to keep me away from my precious pretties and my mom and mom-in-law for part of Mother's Day. AND we had boo-koos of stuff going on here in our neck of the hood. The TNA (Tanglewood Neighborhood Association--get your head out of the gutter!!) Annual Spring Picnic was Saturday afternoon on our empty lot next to our house, and the in-laws were hosting a crawfish boil at their house. What to do? I came to my senses and realized that I really needed to be there for Kristin - I mean - I have been praying for this day for her for a really long time, and she finally had her prince. So - my friend Lauren and I headed down south on 281 and arrived at the Horseshoe Bay Resort while Tim and the pretties stayed home for the fun and festivities here. The wedding was gorgeous and I fell in love with the resort. Great place for a weekend getaway with the family! Lauren and I had a great time picking out our future lake house/mansion(s). The lake mansions down there put some of the ones at PK to shame! Great time at the wedding and we were up bright and early Sunday morning to head home. We stopped in Hico to bring home some pies from the Koffee Kup for Mothers Day gifts (the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup pie is the best dessert I have ever put in my mouth) and we ate the Hard 8 again in Stephenville. I came home to these gifts waiting for me on the kitchen table. Tim took the girls to the store and Kate picked out her own card for me. They also went and picked roses for me, and Kate picked out the Coca~Cola bottle to be the vase. The table also had gifts from the girls that they made at school as well as a gift card to a spa. I was overwhelmed with all of the thoughtfulness they put into the gifts. Then I looked around the house and it was spotless. It was clean before I left, but Tim and the girls made it super duper clean! AND Tim detailed my car!!!!! S0 - even though I was at ends on leaving my family for Mother's Day, I came home to the best gifts ever. I am so blessed with such a sweet, thoughtful and loving husband and daughters! I hope your Mother's Day weekend was just as blessed as mine was!

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around the outside of your body. - Elizabeth Stone

1 comment:

Maegan said...

How did I not know you had a blog? I will now commence my stalking!