Saturday, September 19, 2009

How Great Thou Art

I had the most fun last night. Some girlfriends and I went over How Great Thou Art - a little art studio on Brook Street - for a Ladies Night Art Class. The subject of the night was a pear, and Rachel Liles the owner gave us step by step instructions on what to do. There were about twenty women there in all, and it was so neat to see the different pears that were made. Kathleen left before I could get a pic of her pear, but hers looked great as well. Rachel is having a a class next Friday night so I higly encourage you to go if you have never been. I promise it is a wonderful experience! I am already signed up for the butterfly class in October!

Here is my pear masterpiece


Beth's Pear

Sarah's pear

4 comments:

Theresa said...

That looks fun!

The Hinkles said...

A group of us went there this summer and did a cross painting. I loved seeing everyone's different cross. I may try to sign up for the butterfly painting b/c I am re-decorating Whit's room with butterflies and flowers. Maybe I will see you there!

Tina & Scott said...

Oh my Stephanie! You are such an artist, even if you had step by step instructions - your pear is beautiful! Do they have classes on Saturdays? Since I am no longer living in WF, a weekend would be the only time I could come in for something like that! I need to find my inner artist!!! This would be fun for me and my mom!!! Hope you are doing well!

Casey and Kimberly said...

I have heard of this studio. It looks and sounds like so much fun! I would love to try it sometime! Way to go! Creativity!!!