Tuesday, September 28, 2010

90 (89) days

I. Am. Truly. Blessed.  Really!

Woke up this morning to two, healthy, sweet, beautiful precious pretties.  Got Kate off to school and Mary Clare and I headed to Target to purchase some airplane friendly toiletries for my trip Thursday (I'm going to Boston, baby!!).  We then headed to LifeWay Christian Book Store because I wanted to get the new Mary Beth Chapman book, Choosing to See, and my beloved Target didn't have it.  Mary Beth is married to the world-renowned Christian music artist Stephen Curtis Chapman, and her book is about her struggle through the loss of her daughter, and how hope is carrying her through it.  (Their daughter was playing on the driveway and their son didn't see her and backed over her with his car.)  I snagged the picture of the book from Amazon.com, and I should have bought the book from Amazon as well, but my impatience cost me six extra bucks.  Oh well, at least I'll have something to read on the plane.  I'll give my opinion of the book when I finish reading it and let me know if you would like to read it when I am done.  I'll be more than happy to mail it to you!


When I moved to Sherman, I looked for a women's/moms group at a church to join but to no avail.  I want to join a bible study group, but can't seem to find a meeting time that works with my schedule.  So, I called my sister in law Carlye, and asked her about a particular bible study she just finished.  She asked me what I was doing, and once I told her, she recommended the Beth Moore 90 Day Bible Study with Jesus the One and Only.  I actually had the Beth Moore's 90 Days with Paul study in my hand, but I thought I would go with her recommendation first.  (again I snagged the picture from Amazon)  I realized once I got in my car that it is 89 days until Christmas, so if I doubled up on days 1&2 of the study, then I would finish the bible study on Christmas Day!  90 Days (well 89) to becoming closer to the One and Only, and the last day of the study is on the day we celebrate His birth.

After our shopping excursions Mary Clare and I went over to the AWESOME park down the street from our house and walked 3 1/2 miles on the walking trail.  Ended our morning of fun at Chick-Fil-A.  Today was just wwwwooonnnnnnddddeerrrfffuuullllllllllllll.

The only way the morning could have been any better is if Tim and Kate could have been with us.  Tim, of course, is worked hard to provide for the pretties and I.  My precious pretty #1, on the other hand, has been having some trouble adjusting to our new life in Sherman.  She had a set schedule for four and a half years, and out of no where, mommy & daddy up and move her to a new town, house, school, etc.  I knew it would be an adjustment, a difficult one at that, but I didn't think it would take this long for her to get the hang of things.  Kids are resilient right?  She definitely is, however, it has been rather hard for her, and she has some anxiety issues.  After a long, heart felt discussion with her pediatrician, we decided to see if how she would respond if we put her back on a similar schedule that she had in WF (school everyday from 8-3), to see if her behavior at home and school starts to improve.  Once we have things under control with her then I will slowly start to decrease her time at school.

Life is good.  G-Double-Oh-D.  Good.  And that's all I have to say about that.

 

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I love reading posts where things are so wonderful. I'm going to check out that bible study too! I've really been wanting to get more prayer into my days. This may be just the thing! Thank you for posting about it. Have fun in Boston!