Wednesday, September 8, 2010

what a month....or two

So Sherman is ok.  Not so bad.  I would like to say that it is growing on me, however I have only been here for a month so I don't want to jump the gun.  It's just ssssooooo different.  When we found out we were "officially" moving at the end of June, I don't really think it sunk in.  I was still working, and Tim was busy working 12-15 hour days traveling back and forth from Sherman to WF.  I "retired" from MyStaf after almost 10 years of job pimping on July 30th, and I will admit that things have been a blur since then.  I had some super sweet friends at work give me a royal send off fit for a queen on my last day of work which made it very bittersweet to leave.  I don't think I got to enjoy my first day of not having to go to work because I started packing up my house so we could move that following weekend.  The night before the moving truck came my dear sweet friends & sister in law Colleen hosted a surprise dinner party for me at Pasqual, and then about 15 of us then went off to How Great Thou Art for some butterfly painting fun.  It has been a blur since that night, and not just because of the La Crema Chardonnay we indulged ourselves with.

 I was so happy with my life in WF.  Truly happy.  Some people consider it the armpit of Texas, but at least it is my armpit.  (who knew you could have 3??)  I was content.  I loved my parish and my church family.  I loved my neighborhood.  I loved the fact that I was becoming great friends with the mommas of Kate & Mary Clare's friends.  I loved that my mother in law lived a block away and my mom was a mile away.  I loved going into Market Street and being recognized by the cashiers because of my frequent trips there.  I loved that I had a handful of babysitters to call for the girls because they wanted to spend time with my precious pretties.  Life was good.  While working at MyStaf for the first six years I had a schedule that I would abide by no matter what I did (or didn't do) the night before.  Then I had my first precious pretty, and I adjusted to my new schedule.  My dad passed away unexpectedly, but I adjusted.  I didn't think I had enough to do, so I started volunteering at church, the JLWF, and other organizations more. Then I had my second precious pretty, and even though it was a little bit of a juggling act & I kept looking for the circus tent above my house,  I was able to get it under control. I was going ninety to nothing and I am 100% confident that the reason why I was able to get it all done every day is because I had faith that no matter what happened that God was going to see me through my day.  If HE brings you to it then HE will bring you through it.

Sherman is different.  So much different than what I was expecting.  Not that it has been bad,  it has been challenging.  It has been sad & lonely.  Aggravating.  Tiring.  I've only cried a couple of times out of frustration.  I didn't just go from 187 mph to 100 mph.  I went from 187 mph to a screeching halt.  And I went from knowing 600 people in WF to 6 here.  As of right now, I don't have to work.  I am so grateful that I don't have to, and I know how fortunate I am to not be able to do so.  I don't have the JLWF to keep me on my toes unfortunately, and we haven't joined a church yet.  However, I know that this was all part of God's plan for our family.  I don't know why, but it is.  And because of that, and how much He loves us, then I am 110% ok with that.  This move has enabled me to spend more time with my precious pretties.  It will allow me to be able to spend more time volunteering at their school.  I have been struggling with my weight for the past couple of years, and now I have more time to actually focus on losing weight.   It has allowed me to lean on my dear, sweet husband more.  Despite the fact that he is STILL working crazy busy hours, he calls me randomly through out the day just to check in on me.  Just to let me know he is thinking of me.   But most importantly, it has enabled me to grow closer to Jesus Christ, and spend more time focusing on God's word.  So, after a couple of deep breaths, I'm buckled in and ready for this crazy ride that God is sending us on.  And I am ready to get my groove back.  Because after all, if HE brings you to it then HE will bring you through it.

2 comments:

The Hinkles said...

So glad to hear from you! I know it must be so hard to adjust, but you will look back on this and be glad and smile on the adventure, it just takes time! You will meet people easily and quickly I am sure!

Jaclyn said...

wow! it's amazing how much our situations are alike. i know what you're going through and miss you terribly. we will thrive in His new plan. can't wait to see you!