Friday, January 7, 2011

New things for the New year

I started off the new year with some new things to decorate my kitchen.  My sweet mother-in-law bought me a Mackenzie-Childs Courtly Check Tea Kettle for Christmas.  I love it!  It somehow brings a slight breeze of nostalgia to my kitchen, even though I haven't had it for very long.  Maybe it's just the classic black and white design.  Or maybe the fact that I got it from her, and it reminds me of her, my SILS & my friends in Wichita Falls who have M-C throughout their house.


I really can't pinpoint what happened next, but I just remembering pondering over the fact that you just can't have one Mackenzie-Childs piece.  It's kind of like Pringles - you just can't stop at one.  The next thing I know I have bought the Courtly Check Clock.


And Butter Dish.


And then I decided to branch out and mix it with a piece of the Mackenzie Childs Flower Market Blue Cookie Jar.


And then I came to my senses, and had buyer's remorse.  Not really because I used a gift card, but I could have used that gift card towards other things that we need in our house.  Not things that I want.  
None the less they are in my kitchen now, and I have never been more inspired to redecorate/remodel my kitchen so that it compliments my new pieces.  Or maybe I should rephrase that and say I want to remodel my kitchen so that my new pieces compliment my kitchen......  And I am sporadically searching for the pieces that will eventually be a part of my kitchen collection.  Please notice the key word that is italicized & in bold font.

I made a list on NYE, on things I wanted to do to our new (to us) house this year.  Since I stay home now I'll be adding another job description to my resume which will be the All-Around-Do-It-Yourself-Scraper/Sander/Painter.  Because I'll be doing D. all of the above.  

Another thing new I want for 2011, and no doubt the most important - is a new me.  Rather than letting my past struggles influence my decisions and remind me of where I once was, (as I often would allow them to) I want to finally realize who I am now.  Who I am NOW in Christ as Child of God.  Who I am now as a wife and mother.  As a daughter & sister.  As a friend and volunteer.  I am very blessed with the life I have, and I don't ever want to take it for granted.  No one should.

xoxo,
sf

No comments: