Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Close to perfect weekend

Wow. I can't believe it is close to the end of the day on Tuesday! I am still thinking about what a great weekend we had! After a rough few days at the office last week, I was more than ready to help host a wedding shower for one of my good friends from high school Kristin and her fiance Burke. Late night - but worth it.

I was ready to start my Saturday routine by going to my classes at the gym followed by Subway with the girls - but it didn't happen that way! I started my class at the gym, but was interrupted by the front desk guy after about 25 minutes because MC had a mess in her diaper, and there weren't any diapers in her bag. How did I miss that? There had to be an extra diaper flowing around we could "borrow", right? WRONGOLA. I had to run across the street to Wal-Mart to buy some instead of taking the girls home. Knowing how much food I consumed the day before and what was in store for me later on that night, I was BOUND and DETERMINED to get my workouts in! Needless to say, Wal-Mart was a freaking zoo, and it reinforced my rule of why I don't shop there on Saturdays! 30 minutes later (yes - it took me 25 minutes to check out and get in my car after buying a small package of diapers and an extra travel pack of wipes), I am in my car heading back across the street to the gym. The dreadful on-call phone rings and neither one of the temps that was supposed to start work that morning showed up. AND to make matters worse - the customer wanted replacements STAT. After a diaper change and a quick trip to the "donut office" (what Kate calls Southern Maid donuts for all of you locals), the girls and I were hard at it at MyStaf trying to refill the positions. Luckily daddy came to the rescue and picked up the girls about 15 minutes after we made it to the office. he took them to the park, and I stayed and got the job done. Since my morning had already gone down the drain, I knew what I needed to make it back on track. Back to the gym?!?!? Heck no - I needed a good old fashioned burger that I have deprived myself of these past few weeks because of my attempt at a healthier lifestyle. Nothing like Gene's Tasty Burger on a Saturday afternoon.

Here is Kate patiently waiting on her Gene's grilled cheese.

After Gene's, Kate and I picked up my good ol' pal Lauren, and we headed off to do some retail therapy at the Cadillac Cowgirl in Henrietta. We needed some bling for the Cattle Baron's ball later that evening. When Kate and I got home, Daddy was putting up his hammock. The girls enjoyed some leisurely time on the hammock with Daddy.


Tim and I ended our day by going to the Cattle Baron's Saturday with some great friends of ours and had the BEST time! Can't wait to go again in 2012!

Sunday was a typical church & lunch with the Foleys kind of day, but we got to end the day celebrating cousin Sarah Jane Bindel's 1st birthday at the park by her house. We stayed at the park for over two hours and had a ball!

Mary Clare enjoying her cupcake!


One of my favorite pics - three Bindel girls holding hands as we were leaving the park.
so sweet........


When we got back to Marc & Carlye's house Kate was taking pictures with my phone while I was still visiting with them.

Sarah Jane attempting to make a dash into my car. I think she wanted to go home with us!



this isn't the best pic, but I LOVE it! Uncle Coach hammed it up for Kate.


Even though the weekend started out a little rocky, it couldn't have ended any better.
Nothing beats spending time with family!

2 comments:

Casey and Kimberly said...

YES it sounds like a perfect weekend!!! You are right nothing much better than spending time with family and friends. BTW...great idea not passing up Genes..heck no shouldn't say no to that! Way to good! hmm I'm craving one now!

Theresa said...

I want a hamburger.