Wednesday, April 28, 2010

eclectic group of friends

This past weekend I had the pleasure of getting away to visit some of my best friends from college. It had been over a year since we were all together, and that was long overdue. even though we were young'uns in college when we met, our deep friendship and open hearts kept us together after all of these years. It seems as though we always pick right up where we left off - and that says alot. When my dad passed away those who could drove up immediately, and others flew to Wichita Falls to attend his services. Those who couldn't called me and checked up on me. Every single day. You can't say that about a lot of your friends that you met 15 years ago. We are friends thick and thin. And we fondly call each other "the mamas". So Friday when I got off work I drove to North Richland Hills and spent the night with my first college roommate (outside of the dorms) Meredith. Meredith (aka Poodie) and I stayed up visiting and I got to hang out with her precious daughter Lila Paige. (Yes she named her after the Lila on Friday Night Lights).


Lila Paige, me, Poodie, Stacy Girl

Saturday morning Meredith and I drove to Bliss Spa at the W Hotel in Dallas and met up with the Mamas for some RELAXATION. If you haven't been there then you need to go. It's amazing! and I LOVE the SHOWERS there!

After a few relaxing hours at Bliss we headed over to Chuy's to enjoy so great laughs and conversation on the patio. After a brief visit with Stacy's parents at their new home ( not new to them but new to me!) we joined the girls and got ready to hit Big D. Before we left though, Patti unveiled a cake that she made for Mama Carrie. Carrie is going through a divorce right now, and Patti expressed her anger at Carrie's estranged husband through a cake. It was the funniest cake that I have ever seen in my life, and the rest of the group seemed to agree.


Patti tried to reflect Seans facial features on the cake, and she did a mighty fine job! I also think she needs to go into business with divorce cakes. All though the reason of the cake is sad and unfortunate, she would probably make a killing!
UPDATE: In an effort to protect my friend Carrie, I took down the cake pictures. Once things are finalized I will repost them. It's a must see!

Getting ready to paint the town red!

Molly Brewer, Stacy Allen, Johanna Nuding, Lesha Park, Shanda Thompson, Delyssa Casey, moi & Carrie Stacey.


Johanna's rockin' hot sister Buffy met us out after she chaperoned Prom at the school where she is a guidance counselor.

Stacy and I giving Carrie some love!


JoJo & Stacy Girl
Someone told Johanna the other day that she has a face of an angel but a mouth like a trucker. That may be true, but she has one the biggest hearts of gold I have ever seen.

Shan being Shan.

"Dave" & Jo


Lesha & I

Thoreau once said, "My Friend takes me for what I am."
Thank you ladies for taking me for what I am. I love you all immensely. Each one of you have touched my life in way that words can not adequately express.
I love you all and I can't WAIT until Lilith Fair!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Love true friends.

Unknown said...

Steph, thank you so much for a wonderfully written post. You may have found your calling as a writer. I had so much fun seeing you and all the girls. love u. stacy girl.

Jo said...

BINDEL! I love it. Thanks for sharing. If I were a trucker my handle would be Angel Face. When I become an angel, my name will be Mother Trucker. Ask for me when you get to heaven. :)