Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

What an amazing Easter Weekend! It started off by me taking the morning off so the girls and I could run errands for the weekend - bows for their dresses from Moraths, hair cut for Kate, etc...

I ended Friday by going to Good Friday Mass and then dinner with Sarah & Matt afterwards - what a great way to end the day! Saturday didn't start out the way I wanted it to, but it sure did have a fantastic ending. Saturday after lunch Kate went to the Knights of Columbus Easter Egg Hunt at the park across from Sacred Heart, and then we went over the the Mengs for an impromptu egg hunt/get together with some other SLP families. Marc & Carlye and their girls joined us as well!


Dashing off for the eggs!

Mary Clare trying to decide on whether or not to get the orange egg. Her daddy told her that orange was a "bad" color.


Kate scoping out the scene.........



All of the kids having an Easter Eve feast!



Kate and her long time buddy Parker Allen playing pirates. Kate and Parker have been SLP friends since they were in the Infant room together. I have grown to love Parker and his family over the years. His mom is one of the sweetest, hard-working, non-judgmental woman with such a strong Christian foundation and I truly admire her and her husband! It is going to be so hard to leave Kate's friends and the parents Tim and I have come to know when she leaves to go to a new school in a few months. AT least I'll still be able to keep up with the Allen family because Parker's little brother and Mary Clare are in the same class.


Anytime Bear is around Mary Clare is bound to have a good time. Here she is waiting at the bottom of the slide for her true love..........



.....and here they are after he slid down to her! Can't you feel the love these two have for each other?!?! This is the future Coach & Mrs. Bryant J. Meng right here folks!



After we got home & bathed, Kate and I sat out carrots and spinach on the front porch for the Easter Bunny. He came, and I think the girls woke up everyone in the neighborhood as they were squealing with delight running around from egg to egg Sunday morning! It was so sweet. After Kate and I made Resurrection Rolls together for breakfast, we all got ready for Sunday morning Mass. Father Hoa delivered an amazing homily, and I walked out of church feeling spiritually and emotionally renewed!


My precious pretties after Mass.


Mc showing off her flashy pink fingernails while she is waiting for brunch.



My amazing family & in-laws! God truly blessed me when I met Tim (thanks to a little cupid named Sarah!) and I became a member of their family. I don't feel like I deserve their overwhelming generosity and unconditional love, but they are constantly gracing me with it. Thank you God for allowing me to become a part of this amazing family, and most importantly thank you for doing the unimaginable and ultimate sacrifice by giving up your Son and watching him die for our sins. Hallelujah!! Our Savior has Risen!

"We have Seen His Glory Full of Grace and Truth"
John 1:14

Happy Easter!!!










4 comments:

Amanda Bindel said...

Happy Easter! Wish we could have all been together this year! I love reading your updates and seeing the pics, though...next best thing!

Theresa said...

Happy Easter! Love all the pictures!

Casey and Kimberly said...

Oh goodness I really have you fooled! JK
Kate and MC looked precious at Easter. Your family is beautiful and we are grateful to have been given the opportunity to get to know all of you! Lots of transitions ahead for our families...but I believe when you want to stay connected it's possilbe! Plus I have continually prayed for God to surround my boys with Godly friends so I kinda think Kate and Mary Clare were brought into the boys life for a purpose! God Bless

Casey and Kimberly said...

opps..possible