Sunday, April 18, 2010

New Beginnings

Where do I begin? It seems that though I am always in denial on how fast time is going. I mean - where did this weekend go? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?

It was a wild and crazy week at the office this week so that could have made the weekend fly by faster that I would have liked for it to. One of my co-workers turned in her notice and her last day was Friday. We worked side by side for 9 1/2 years, and it's been one wild ride. Sure - we have had our ups and downs working so closely together, however in the end I couldn't imagine riding that roller coaster with anyone but her. She is one of my dearest friends that I can go to with anything. Thank you Debbie. I wish you the best of luck!

To celebrate Debbie's almost ten years at MyStaf, Debbie, Sandy and I went to How Great Thou Art for another Art & Soul Ladies Night Art Class. The theme was a contemporary city skyline. Here are our creations:


One of my fave gal pals Jaclyn went to art class as well. Here is her work of art.

Mine.

Sandy's.

Debbie's



I love to wake up and hear rain outside, and that is exactly how my Saturday morning started. It rained and rained and rained, but it didn't dampen my spirits! The girls were begging to play outside in the rain with their rain boots and umbrellas, and it was so heartwarming to see them have so much fun splish-splashing in the puddles. I went to Spin class late Saturday morning. My first full hour spin class in about a year. My legs were screaming for mercy, but they will be thanking me later. :) Kate and I enjoyed getting out together for some mommy/Kate time. I took her to Mardel and let her pick out her own responsibility chart, and then we went to get pedicures.

I spent the majority of my day today at church helping with the Christ Renews His Parish weekend. It's so beautiful to see the Holy Spirit move through so many unsuspecting people, and especially beautiful to see our brother and sisters in Christ come together to sing our Lord's praises. So all in all it was a great weekend. Wet, but great.
So - here is to new beginnings. Debbie's new beginning at a new career that will give her a new leash on life with her husband Phil. A renewed &/or strengthened relationship with God for the thirty six women that went through the Christ Renews His Parish retreat this weekend. And a new jump onto the weight loss band wagon again. I jumped off and enjoyed a junk food journey after my first 19 pound loss, and now I am jumping back on again with a vengeance to get off another 19. Kate has her last Anniversary Celebration at School for Little People this week, so be on the look out for pics later on this week!

Blessings,
SF xoxo

2 comments:

John Paul said...

I like your skyline a lot. It has a nice sense of balance, especially with that one big building.

Blessings and good luck with work!

Theresa said...

Good for you! Good luck. I need a new attitude and a renewal. Maybe it's time for some prayer.