Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I WILL Leave the house tomorrow

Hello, February!  Quite a mood swing Mother Nature decided to throw yesterday, huh?  I wonder if it's her time of the month........

Things are hoppin' at the Foley house.  Things are always hoppin' over here, but I have an extra five year old girl & a two year old boy in my house this week, as I am watching them for some friends of ours in Fort Worth.  The precious pretties were anxiously awaiting their arrival on Sunday, and were elated when E & G finally walked through our front door Sunday evening.  After a nice visit with their dad, Tim and I lassoed the kiddos into bed once Big C left to go back to Cowtown.

Monday was a great day!  I took Pretty #1 to school so she could participate in Catholic Schools Week activities, and dropped Pretty #2 off at her school so she could have some much needed time with her friends!  E, G, & I made a trip to the gym, post office and grocery store and went to pick up the pretties so that we could be home by nap time.  By 1 pm on Monday, we were all snug as a bug in our house, and I was ready for whatever weather we were to receive.  Or at least I thought I was.

I didn't have lazy day fever Tuesday.  I had, Let's-See-How-Much-I-Can-Cram-In-A-Day Fever.  I cooked all three of our meals for the day (that's right - all 3), got myself, the three pretties & little red dressed, cleaned the house top to bottom, washed & put away 9 (count 'em - n-i-n-e) loads of laundry, made chicken salad sandwiches for an event at school that was eventually cancelled, paid bills & balanced the checkbook, shopped online, and embarked on Pretty #2's long over due potty training journey.  All while the children played together! Not a quarrel or a toy-tug-of-war to break up at all!
In fact, Tuesday went so well that I felt like I needed to pray to God to bless me with twins to fill my house once E & G left.  Then I came down off of my cloud and decided that I would just settle for a blue ribbon.  Or a cookie since I didn't have any blue ribbon in my craft drawer.  I was such in a zone on Tuesday that I didn't even notice this going on in front of my house.

A friend in Sherman sent me a text stating that our house was on the Herald Democrat's (local newspaper) website.  Apparently, I missed all of the excitement.  Poor postman.  Glad to know that wasn't my cousin Jacob.

Today was a totally different story.  Today kicked my you-know-what.  Thank goodness for The Little Mermaid & Toy Story 3 to bring some peace to this casa because this house was hell on wheels today. Little red and the three pretties were OVERLY sensitive children today.  An over abundance of estrogen.   So much of it that Little Red jumped on the estrogen train by default.  If the pretties weren't crying over who got to use the broom to help me sweep, then they were crying because the crayon broke, or the  socks made their feet feel funny, or they couldn't look outside at the snow because the window made their hands cold when they touched it....  & Little Red cried through all of it because the pretties were crying.  It's all about perspective though.  By the end of this decade, PP#1 will be crying over boys rather than spilled milk.  Time is going by so fast, and I am trying with every ounce of patience that I have to embrace every cry, whine, scream, and sniffle because these days will be gone oh-so-fast.  

Thursday we will absolutely, positively, most definitely venture out of the house.  The pretties and Little Red need it. I need it.  I don't care if we go do donuts in the school parking lot, or go sit in a stall at Sonic.  We will get out of the house...if we know what's good for us!

xoxo,
sbf

2 comments:

Eileen Teagle said...

You ARE superwoman! I am exhausted just reading about your Tuesday, but giggling the whole time I read it! Enjoy those memories...!

Theresa said...

Oh good heavens! Bless your heart. I hope it was better today!