Saturday, February 19, 2011

Yummy art

Last night I went to one my most favorite places ever - How Great Thou Art art studio! Plus, I got to see some of my dear friends that I haven't seen in a long time, which made this yummy painting night even sweeter!

The theme for the night was cupcakes, and it was a contemporary take on one of the most classic, but trendiest desserts right now. Rachel, the owner/instructor, is just darling, and I must admit I really miss hearing her voice. She's got the sweetest southern twang I've ever heard, and I can listen to her talk all day. Those southern belles in Savannah, Georgia, have got nothing on her!

Here is the example she gave us. I wish I could have taken it at a better angle, but it will just give you the idea of what we were going for.




Lauren's:



Kendra's:




Mine:




I wished I would have taken more pictures of other works of art, because there yummy cupcakes everywhere that looked good enough to eat!

xoxo
sbf

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute, Steph!

Eileen Teagle said...

Love that! Looks like lots of fun! We just paint bugs around here...like to see all that pink stuff that comes out of your girlie house!