Thursday, February 3, 2011

Operation Cabin Fever Relief: Mission Complete

We did it.  We made it out of the house. We looked like little pigs wrestling under a blanket on Christmas Eve trying to get out of the house, but we did it.  My ultimate goal today was to completely wear the kids out, but I think it pretty much backfired on me.  I am toast.  Not because of alcohol consumption because unfortunately there hasn't been any, but because I am beyond tired.
  
Speaking of tired, I knew that G was getting tired of being the "Ladies Man", so I asked a friend and her two year old son to meet us at Chick-Fil-A.  As we drove to Chick-Fil-A I noticed the lights on at Chuck E Cheese.  I called and they were open!  We quickly - well, as quickly as you can on six inches of ice - scurried like mice into the Rat Palace and there was literally one other family there.  NO joke!  I lost all concept of time after the first 24 hours in the house and I was amazed when I realized that we were there for four hours!!!! An hour and a half birthday party at Chuck E Cheese is long enough, but the four hours today flew by.  My sweet friend came with her son and niece and joined our party so that probably had a lot to do with the time passing quickly.   Little Red was with boys all day, and he was as happy as a red headed lark.

After we wore out our stay at Chuckie's, we decided that we wanted to get a cookie at the Great American Cookie Place.  We left to head over to the mall, if you want to even call it that.  I'm not kidding when I say this, but the Midway Mall in Sherman makes Sikes Senter Mall in WF look like Stonebriar Mall in Frisco.  No joke.  The mall here is, well, a joke.  So we left and headed back to CHICK-FIL-A!

We arrived at Chick-Fil-A at 4 pm, and the informed us they were closing at 5 pm.  So after a round of juice and ice cream cones for the kiddos, and 45 minutes on the playscape then we were DONE-ZO.  Surprisingly, Tim made it home early so we were able to meet him for dinner before we headed home.

So, OPERATION CABIN FEVER RELIEF is MISSION COMPLETE!  We are planning to CFA tomorrow to meet some friends for lunch but that will be about it.  My ambitious I-will-not-be-confined-cup is dry.  I will say the crisp, cool air, interaction with other friends and just being out of the house was good for our souls!  Thank you Jesus for getting us to and from safely!

xoxo,
sbf

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow... You brave soul! Sounds like you accomplished much! Live hearing about your family!