Saturday, March 13, 2010

10 hours

When I woke up yesterday morning I mentally made big plans for my Friday night. I was a little tired from my whirlwind weekend last weekend, and Tim being gone all week so I was ready for some relaxation. I was going to meet my mom at Target to do some Spring clothes shopping for the girls. After that I was going to the drive thru at Kocks to bring home a bottle of La Crema Chardonnay, and sip on my chardonnay in my pajamas after I put Kate to bed at 8:30. That was going to be a close to perfect ending to a busy week. Well - it didn't happen that way and to make a long story short, I was the one in bed by 8:30 last night - not Kate! 8:30 on a Friday night? I am either getting old, or just incredibly boring. I fell asleep before 9 last night, and didn't wake up until almost 7 am. 10 hours of sleep!?!?!?!?!?!? I can't remember the last time I got a solid 10 hours of sleep that wasn't induced by excessive consumption of alcohol from the night before. I can't remember the last time I got 10 hours of sleep regardless of how much I drank the night before. So - I am ready for what ever this weekend holds! The girls and I are about to head off to the gym so I can torture myself through Cindy & Jennifer's classes, and then Kate is off to a play date with one of her BFF"s Presley. Before Tim headed off to work this morning he asked me what I wanted to do this evening and he made the comment that we could do whatever I wanted. My mind immediately started racing on dinner, movies, having friends over and cooking out.......and then I thought - those 10 hours of sleep felt pretty good last night. Yeah - I may want to do THAT again. It may be a 7:30 bedtime tonight! :) Don't forget to set your clocks forward tonight! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I totally understand. Good for you and the workout. You inspire me.