Thursday, March 18, 2010

Phillipians 1:3


I thank my God every time I remember you.


I woke up with a heavy heart this morning....

Three years ago today God called my father to His eternal home. I still struggle with that sometimes.....I replay everything that happened that morning March 18, 2007 in my head. Maybe I do that because I want to hang on to every last moment I spent with him that morning, every big grin he gave, every last word he said, every breath he took......

......maybe I do it because I am trying to remember if there was anything obvious that I missed that showed me that he wasn't feeling well. Maybe if I would have noticed it I could have taken him to the hospital and he could still possibly be here today.....just little things that make me go hhmmmmm.....

At the time it happened, I questioned God's goodness and then I got mad at myself for doing so. I will not deny that the question, "Why?" wasn't asked in my personal conversations with Him. BUT - I know God is good all the time. He just happens to test our faith so that we may trust His faithfulness. God doesn't promise that we will never experience bad things or heart-wrenching circumstances in our lifetime, but he does promise in Psalm 46:1 "to be our refuge and our strength" and in Psalm 23:4 that He will will be there with us every step of the way.
He must have known that I needed to hear a really good song this morning to start my day. I usually listen to KLOVE, but the co-hosts in the morning have a tendency to get a little chatty, so I just happened to turn it to the local Christian channel KMOC exactly when All of Creation by Mercy Me was starting. I have never had a chance to listen to the whole song - I always catch it at the very end. But I got to hear all of it today and I am so glad because every single word in that song is so true.

and all of creation sing with me now

lift up your voice and lay your burden down

and all of creation sing with me now

fill up the heavens let his glory resound


Thank you God for constantly having your loving hands around me to catch me when I fall, to guide me and to comfort me. Thank you for giving me 30 & 1/2 amazing years with my daddy.

Thank you daddy for everything you gave me while you were with us. As Marc has said, thank you for teaching us how to be generous, how to work hard, how to play hard, how to love hard and most importantly to stay strong in our faith. I will forever be grateful for all you and our Heavenly Father has given and continues to give to our family.

the reason we breathe is to sing of His glory

and for all He has done

praise the father praise the son and the spirit in one


Please pray for strength in faith and acceptance of God's will for Poirot family today. My sweet friend Rhonda and her husband Richard are burying their son Chris this afternoon who passed away Sunday in a tragic motorcycle accident in Fort Worth. Offer it up.
xoxo
SF


PS - A very happy birthday to Tim's Brother-from-another-mother Chuckles. We love you.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Thanks for the shout out to Chuckles! I'm glad you are finding peace.

Love you and plan to see you this weekend!