Tuesday, March 9, 2010

On your mark........

What a beautiful day! Thank you Lord for this beautiful weather! I was tired of looking at my gray, dirty, shaggin-waggin Suburban, but I was hesitant to wash it because all of the gloomy wet weather we have been having lately. I celebrated the sunshine this afternoon and took my car to All-American Car Wash during my lunch hour. It is so pretty and shiny! All of the dings and scratches have been forced out of hiding, and are more visible than ever! That doesn't bother me though - mainly because it is paid for!

As I was checking out at All American today, I noticed a flyer on the counter for the 1st Annual Running of the Mustangs 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run at MSU. As some of you may or may not know, I was a runner at one time in my life. Obviously you can't tell now, but I am slowly but surely getting myself back in shape to attempt running in races again. This may be what I need to jump start my goal of running a half marathon this year! It benefits the MSU Women's Cross Country Team and will be held on Saturday, April 3rd. I think it's $20 if you register before April 1st. Check out the info:

http://www.active.com/running/wichita-falls-tx/the-running-of-the-mustangs-5k-2010

If you can't make it to the MSU 5K, there is also the CASA 5K and 1 mile Fun Run on April 17th at Lake Wichita.

http://www.active.com/running/wichita-falls-tx/casa-5k-run-walk-2010

So, let's lace up our shoes (if you need some new running shoes I highly recommend calling up my friend Lauren @ Jerry's Sporting Goods), and get out there and run or have a fun walk. It will benefit MSU, CASA and most importantly our health! On your mark....Get Set.....GO!

No comments: