Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm a coming home


On my way home to my precious pretties. I don't think Kate is ready for me to come because she has LOVED living with her Grammy these past four days, but I know Mary Clare is ready to see her Mama and Daddy. Tim and I called yesterday morning and MC started crying when she heard our voices on the phone. Ann-aka Grammy-(Tim's mom) said that MC saw a picture of Tim and I later that evening and started whining for us. So sweet. I can't wait to see them and love on them. We may even have a slumber party in our bed tonight so I can snuggle with them all night. Tim and I have had a amazing mini-vacation, but it was hard being away from the girls. Mary Clare hasn't been away from both us at the same time before, so I guess this has been harder for her than I thought it would. Tim has to stay here in DC for a conference so we'll have plenty of mommy time before he gets home. I'll also post more pics when he gets home as well.

I heard a disturbing story this morning on the DC news, and it reminded me of home. There was a jogger running in the mall early yesterday morning, and was hit & killed by a semi truck. The trucker didn't stop, so it is a tragic hit and run accident. It's pretty disgusting that the trucker is on the run, but what is the most sad is that the jogger wasn't carrying any id on her so the police and the hospital don't know who she is. All the police have been able to so is show pics of her keys and the bracelets she was wearing in hopes someone would recognize them and come forward to identify her. It made me think of Mrs. Terri Otto, who was also hit and killed by a truck a few months ago while she was out on her early morning run. Completely different scenario though because the man who hit Terri actually stopped to render aid. Terri's family and church family and friends started to immediately pray for her and congregated at URHCS to comfort and support the family and each other. This jogger didn't have that. Her family doesn't even know she has passed away. So, as brothers and sisters in Christ, please pray for this woman, and pray for her family when she is finally identified and her family is contacted. Also, please pray for the trucker, that he/she listens to their conscience and comes forward.

Back on Monday also means back on track for exercising and eating healthier. I've been doing well (despite some weekend setbacks) since January and I am actually down 12.2 pounds!! I also did well the first part of last week however, it was hard to keep that momentum going when you have all of this amazing food to choose from in NYC & DC! On my way to the DC airport SO - back to life - back to reality!

1 comment:

Casey and Kimberly said...

Looks and Sounds like a wonderful time! I say that it would be worse to miss out on special food rather than "stay on track". Glad you had this opportunity!